Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
We are looking for an Unit Supervisor who will function within the context of the Family Team Conference model to establish and review permanency-planning goals, ensuring the overall safety, growth and development of every child, placed in the care of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services.
* Supervise a unit of 4 caseworkers providing quality services to children in placement, their birth families and foster parents. Assure the appropriate and effective delivery of casework services in accordance with OCFS, Children's Services and the agency standards and policies
* Assist in the hiring and orientation of new staff to all procedures and policies related to IOC, including business practices and case management responsibilities.
* Provide weekly individual and biweekly group supervision ensuring that safety issues and risk factors are fully identified and addressed in every case.
* Identify staff individual training needs and make recommendation to Training Department for meeting such needs.
* Maintain monthly tracking systems that monitor progress notes, FASPs, FTC conferences, Parent-to-Parent meetings and Permanency Hearing reports, to ensure total compliance with all Children's Services and State requirements. Review the internal consistency between progress notes and FASP in Quarterly Case Review and QI's Random Record Review. Submit completed tracking tools on a monthly basis.
* Work collaboratively with Quality Improvement (QI) to identify trends and be guided by collected data to enhance services, expediting reunification, adoptions and related permanency goals for our children. Coordinate and maximize the use of internal and external resources to support service delivery
* Monitor, evaluate job performance and recommend personnel actions, including promotions and terminations.
* Required to participate in FCA on?call after-hours/intake coverage rotation.
* Performs other duties as delegated
* Master's Degree
* Two years of post Master's supervisory experience in child welfare and family services required.
* Ability to serve families in crisis, conduct detailed factual interviews, and provide complete and accurate, timely written reports.
* Must have a comprehensive and functional knowledge of Children Services and OFCS initiatives and mandates; excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal attributes; strong oral and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in Connections, Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
* Ability to engage in duties requiring longer than a regular 7 hour work day.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.