General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology, systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. Our company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
We have an immediate need for an Active Directory (AD) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assist in implementing new features and services through assessing and testing new techniques and support processes. Of particular importance is the ability of the resources to understand and operate within an Active Directory environment.
The AD SME will be responsible for:
- Active Directory Server Integration base operating systems, software distribution, security settings, updates and level three problem management support.
- Active Directory design and implementation, group policies, security groups, GPO, PKI, ADFS 2, user and computer objects, logon authentication, scripts, replication, forest and domains, release management, production, user/account provisioning, LDAP/application support and third level problem management support.
- Remote Management Active Directory engineering and redesign of remote management tools especially SCCM, SCOM, MOSS, DNS and WSUS and third level problem management support.
- 13 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis
- Six years of experience progressively working wtih the more difficult aspects of Windows in planning, architecting, developing, testing, and implementing PC LANs
- Working knowledge of state of the art LAN systems hardware, software techniques, and concepts including OSI model, repeaters, bridges, routers, gateways, TCP/IP, SNMP protocols, IEEE Ethernet and cable standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to formulate and document proposed LAN system and operating system solutions with comprehensive, quantitative, and qualitative terms appropriate for comparative analysis
- Ability to design, install, implement, support, and troubleshoot Microsoft s BackOffice, Windows server, Exchange server, Internet Information Server (IIS), Microsoft SQL server, Content Replication, Internet News, NetMeeting, SCCM server, Terminal Server, Site Server, Remote Access Server, DHCP, WINS, and DNS
- Demonstrated experience with hardware and software testing, integration, installation, configuration, and problem solving; especially for Windows XP clients and Windows Server, and Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred
- Knowledge of VBS, C++, PowerShell, Perl, and JAVA
- Strong scripting skills required
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust designation
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: http, maintenance, network, router, scom sccm, server, system administrator, system center configuration manager, system center operations manager, tcp